Where does EMS Training come from? ــ The Future of Fitness, Today
Electric Muscle Stimulation (EMS) is the new method of stimulating the body muscles using electric impulses that mimic the natural electric impulses that our brains send to the muscles in order to contract them. EMS has become the fastest growing trend in the health and fitness industry, with studios in many countries around the world outnumbering conventional gyms.
Whilst Electric Muscle Stimulation training might seem like an entirely modern training method, its origins stretch as far back as the 18th century and beyond. From unpretentious beginnings to the phenomenal fitness training it is today, EMS has had a long and interesting journey.
- In ancient eras, 200 BC, Galenus found out that health complaints such as headaches and gout could be treated using natural electric impulses. Through the implementation of his later experiments, he was the first to discover that EMS might be very effective to the strength and well-being of the human body.
- During the mid of the eighteenth-century, some physicians and scientists had laid the foundations for today’s physical therapy. However, the greatest turning point in the journey of EMS as a training method was achieved only by the Italian physician and anatomy scientist Luigi Galvani in 1780.
- By the time, electric stimulation is proved by the scientific breakthrough that it could be an efficient way to induce adjusted muscle contractions, but it took almost 100 years for the first considerate attribution in this industry; it was the first book to be published on the subject.
- In 1939, scientists had found clear evidence that mammals experience greater muscle function when those muscles were stimulated by the electric current, but it wasn’t verified until 1971 that this was proved on humans as well, with their subjects showing up to a 40% gain in strength. By the 1990s EMS, as we recognize it today, was founded and became a regular feature both in fitness workouts and physiotherapy.
- In parallel with these first trials, another development was achieved: the therapeutic applications in pain therapy, which had already been described formerly, also received wide acceptance in the 1960s, especially as the TENS (Transcutaneous Electric Nervous Stimulation) emerged as a special appliance of EMS.
Nowadays, EMS is used as a part of fitness training for athletes and professionals who are looking to get fit efficiently in a very short period of time. Furthermore, this fabulous technology is used by astronauts to support muscle atrophy, and it continues to play a significant role in plenty of physiotherapy sessions. This has now been further developed so that an easy, simple system of electrode vests and belts is adopted, as definitely most of the people regularly use and wear them. If not, come and have a go with Body Time EMS Fitness studio in Dubai.
Now EMS workout is the 21st-century training. EMS training is scientifically proven to achieve fast, sustainable results that will boost your fitness levels from your first session. The electrical impulses will spread to each part of your body, activating each muscle group. Therefore, when compared to conventional training, EMS outperforms in every way. The electrical current is low impulse and completely safe. Whilst the sessions can be intense, the actual feeling of the current is gentle and non-invasive. Additionally, our trainers will tailor your routine so you won’t be stretched beyond your personal capabilities.
Body Time EMS training can help you for its modern technology and high impact. With our help, you can achieve unbelievable results easily and, more importantly, quickly. While the training takes place, the deepest muscle groups are reached and the connective tissues are maintained. The increased blood flow has a positive effect on the skin as well as the body is toned intensively and cellulite can be reduced effectively. After the training, you will feel rejuvenated and refreshed. EMS training also improves the physical performance: you will feel stronger, healthier, and you won’t tire quickly anymore. Compared to traditional physical workout, EMS offers the advantages of an intense workout in much less time.
Think of all the runs during dark winter nights, pull-ups, or weight exercises that need to be done. Forget all about that, start now and change your life. From the first session, you will feel fitter and will experience visible results within only 12 weeks. In just 20 minutes per week, you’ll live the future of fitness today at Body Time EMS studio in Dubai.